Monday, February 4, 2008

BenjaniTranfer Fate To Man City DecideOn Monday

Benjani has been left twiddling his thumbs in a Manchester hotel after his bungled transfer to City, while Bolton have targeted Marko Pantelic.City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is hoping to have two new strikers in his squad by the end of next week.

Ecuador striker Felipe Caicedo is due to arrive following his move from FC Basle and Eriksson is still hoping to recruit Benjani, with the Premier League set to rule on his transfer after it hit problems late on deadline day.

The Swede said: "I expect a decision to be made either on Monday or Tuesday.

"We have to wait until then to see all the facts of the situation. I want him to come and I believe he wants to join us."

Benjani has also indicated that City is his preferred choice.

"I'm still hopeful that the move will go through," he told the Manchester Evening News. "I want to play for Manchester City."

No comments: