Wednesday, May 14, 2008

AC Milan Has Not Made Any Offer For Didier Drogba-Grant

Avram Grant insists he has had no contact from AC Milan with regards Didier Drogba - saying he does not believe what he reads in the papers.Grant plays down Drogba Milan talk
Chelsea boss Grant admitted that he was unaware of press reports on Wednesday morning which suggested that the Ivorian hitman had already held discussions with the Italian giants.
The Israeli coach is adamant that every member of his squad remains committed to the club, and fully expects to keep hold of his prized assets.
"I didn't see it, I need to see it and then I can answer you," Grant said.
"In the papers there is so many things, I need to check with my players what is fact and what is not.
"I didn't see the paper, but you know what the papers are like.
"Up to now we have bought 600 players, and this player said this and these players have said this, for me it is more important that the players are part of the team and can deal with this.
"They are very committed, work hard and are positive, I like them. What happens off the pitch, you know what papers are like."
Grant also reiterated his belief that Drogba and club captain John Terry will be fit enough to feature for the Blues in the Champions League final against Manchester United on May 21.
"They are training today so I don't think there is any doubt," he said.
"Unless something happens this week, and you know in Chelsea you walk down the street and something can happen."
Despite leading the club to the European showpiece, speculation continues to suggest that his days at Stamford Bridge are numbered.
However, Grant is convinced that he will still be in charge of the club next season.
"I find it strange because I have a contract for four years, even though it is a contract between friends (owner Roman Abramovich), we don't involve friendship in our business," he said.
"It is a contract as a manager. I have a contract for four years, I don't think they need to come to me every two weeks and say that I can continue, I can continue, I can continue, etc.
"If I had a contract for one year then it would be okay. It doesn't bother me. It happens in football, sometimes the coach doesn't like the team, sometimes the team doesn't like the coach. Maybe they should tell me every two weeks that I should continue."

No comments: