Friday, October 17, 2008

Arsenal Urge To Emulate Chelsea-Gallas


Arsenal captain William Gallas has made the sensational claim that Arsenal need to be more like his former club Chelsea...Arsenal defender William Gallas, 31, believes that he was made a scapegoat for the Gunners failure to lift any silverware last season.

The French international also admits that Arsenal lack a winning mentality, something Gallas' former club Chelsea had in abundance.

"There was controversy about my captaincy but people had to find a scapegoat as we didn't win any trophies last season," Gallas told the Islington Gazette. "So they talked and talked again about the Birmingham match. Indeed I made a mistake, I must admit I flipped my lid. We should have won that game easily."

He went on to say: "Before Arsenal, I spent six years at Chelsea. That team was capable of getting ugly wins. If we had an opportunity to win a cup, we would never miss it."

"I became imbued with the winning culture, which doesn't exist yet at Arsenal.

"Our game made people dream, but we had empty hands. We have to show a more clinical state of mind," the Arsenal skipper declared.

"I can say we have not seen the Gallas from 2006 this term so far," he added, reflecting on his recent form. "In a few matches, I have not been so good."

"Above all I miss consistency. One match is good, the other one is not so good. However, I am doing everything to get to my best again."

No comments: