Monday, September 1, 2008

Chelsea within their rights to pursue-Robinho


Chelsea insist that they are well within their rights to pursue their interest in Robinho despite his club's public protestations. In an angry statement on their official website, Real Madrid have hit out at the London side for what they deem as unacceptable conduct regarding the Brazilian superstar, such as the appearance on the Chelsea store website of Robinho replica shirts.

The Blancos are adamant that they do not want to sell Robinho, and have rejected several moves by Chelsea for him.

Chelsea countered Real Madrid's complaints with a statement of their own: "There is nothing wrong with publicly confirming our interest in a player when the club involved is well aware of it, has been in receipt of two bids and is negotiating to sell the player.

"So we completely refute any criticism from Real Madrid.

"As for the issue regarding the website, Real are well aware this was a regrettable accident by an external supplier which was rectified as soon as it was brought to our attention and not a single shirt was sold."

Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari, in the meanwhile, took the high road when he said: "About Robinho, it is not my business. I don't know nothing. You know what I know - zero!

"Ask Peter Kenyon or (Real Madrid president Ramon) Calderon. I didn't think about Robinho in the last few days because I needed to train my players," he was quoted as saying by Sky Sports News.

"He is not my player. When one player is my player I will say something."

No comments: