Tuesday, March 25, 2008

U-23 football team :Invited Players Impressed Crew In Training

IIt was a rare display of good football at the training session of the U-23 football team yesterday when Taiye Taiwo led other invited professionals to thrill expectant fans at the Abuja National Stadium. Other professionals who endeared themselves to fans were Victor Anichebe and Chinedu Ogbuke.
The training was later disrupted by the first rain in the city as the players abandoned the pitch and were driven away by a church bus to the Bayelsa Guest House around 5:20 for dinner.
Before the rain enforced halt, coach Samson Siasia had tried a possible striking formation of Victor Anichebe, Isaac Promise and Chinedu Obuke.
A delighted Siasia said he was happy with the response of players to camp and expressed his confidence in securing victory in tomorrow’s match.
“The early arrival to camp by the players is what I’ve been craving and that was why I politely asked Mikel Obi to stay put in London when he started dictating to me on when to arrive. If every player starts giving me condition on when to report, whom would I work with in our training? I’m happy he (Mikel Obi) has raised his late arriving in good time instead of putting me on the edge of the seat. Since he’s alerted me on good time I now know whom to rely on among the players that I have now in camp,” said Siasia.
The NFA chairman Sanni Lulu and Amos Adamu were some of the dignitaries that witnessed the short training session.
Some of the professionals at the session included: Oladapo Olufemi, Olufemi Ajilore, Kennedy Chinwo, Adefemi Olubayo, Solomon Abwo, Martins Ekwueme and Dele Adeleye.
Others are: Jeremiah Ani, Elderson Echiejile, Obiora Anorue, Tunde Ogunbiyi, Jide Ogunbiyi, Sanni Kaita Onyekachi Apam, Kings Ikpotor and Frank Egharevba.

No comments: