Friday, March 14, 2008

Arsenal :Adebayor Gun For the Golden Boot

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor is desperate to beat Cristiano Ronaldo to the Golden Boot as he does not want to lose out to a midfielder.The Togo international has hit 19 goals in the Premier League this campaign, but Manchester United winger Ronaldo is the league's current leading scorer with 21.

However, Adebayor is eager to win his race with Ronaldo as Arsenal and United also go head-to-head for the league crown.

"At the moment I am having a good race with Ronaldo," said Adebayor. "I am a striker and cannot let myself be dominated by one midfielder.

"I just want to prove I can score more goals and, if I can win the golden boot, there will be nothing better."

Adebayor is also keen to repay the faith which former Gunners forward Thierry Henry showed in him before the Frenchman joined Barcelona last summer.

"When Thierry signed for Barcelona he told me he would score more than 30 goals," added Adebayor.

"If I can get to 30, it will be for Thierry as he believed I could do it."

No comments: