Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pardew apologised for his foul-mouthed abuse of Manuel Pellegrini

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has apologised for his foul-mouthed abuse of opposite number Manuel Pellegrini as Manchester City went top of the Barclays Premier League in an ill-tempered clash at St James' Park.Big call: Tiote (right) claims that he doesn't understand why his goal was chalked off
Pardew was clearly caught shouting at Pellegrini towards the end of the first half as he and unhappy Newcastle supporters turned on referee Mike Jones and his officials after they disallowed a Cheick Tiote screamer.
Jones' assistant Stephen Child ruled Newcastle striker Yoan Gouffran had iThe unfortunate referee had to endure more than 10 minutes of angry jeering from a packed St James' and lost control of the game and players.Angry: Pardew (left) showed his frustration to the officials as they walked off the pitch at half-time
And when Pardew joined the protestations, and kicked a ball away from Pablo Zabaleta before a City throw-in, Pellegrini aimed some criticism at the Newcastle boss, who responded by calling the 60-year-old Chilean manager a '******* old ****'.
The incident was clearly picked up by TV cameras and was all over social media websites throughout the second half.
Afterwards, both managers attempted to play it down and a very contrite Pardew, 52, looked shocked his words had been seen and heard.nterfered with the vision of City keeper Joe Hart, and his ability to dive for Tiote's left foot strike as it flew into the top corner.Pardew said: 'I hear that what I said has been picked up and I apologise for my comments. It was a heat of the moment thing, words that we always have as managers, to a degree. I've apologised to him and I'm fortunate that he's accepted that.
'I have said I have apologised for that particular word. You know, we always tease each other and have words. What he said to me is going to remain private, but it didn't merit my response, to be honest.
'I was frustrated today. And I think most Newcastle fans were, but I did not complain at every decision.'' 
Pellegrini added: 'It is nothing important. I don't know what he said.
'I'm not surprised. It is impossible to complain at every referee decision during the match. I know they are playing at home and they have advantage but it is impossible. That is why I had a problem with Alan but it is nothing important.' 
Pellegrini clearly could not understand the fuss surrounding Newcastle's disallowed goal. 'It was a valid decision,' said the City boss. 'The player was clearly offside.' 
But Pardew was still fuming afterwards and went to see referee Jones to seek some clarification over his controversial decision which denied Tiote his first goal in three years.
The Newcastle boss said: 'It was a great moment for this football club to get a goal like that so if you're going to chalk it off you've got to make sure you've got the point right.
'My point was did he think Gouffran was interfering with Joe Hart and he said that "he was in the six yard box". I get that, the guy was recovering from an offside position but he didn't want anything to do with the play. He was not interfering with Joe Hart's vision.
'In fact it goes on the inside of him, it was City players impeding Joe's vision, not Gouffran. It's a real technical matter he's talking about here. And to chalk off a goal of that quality takes some doing. It set the tone for the rest of the game.
City were also unhappy with referee Jones for failing to send off Newcastle defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa for a late and wild tackle on Sami Nasri who left St James' with his left knee in a brace. 
He will have scans today but could be struggling to be fit for the World Cup Finals.
Pellegrini added: 'His injury is very serious. It was a very unfair kick. It was a red card. I don't understand why he was not sent off.'

No comments: