Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Manchester United target Ilkay Gundogan

Manchester United target Ilkay Gundogan has warned that he will not be rushed into a decision over his future at Borussia Dortmund.
In no hurry: Ilkay Gundogan, the Borussia Dortmund midfielder wanted by Manchester United, has warned he won't be rushed into a decision over his future
Gundogan, 23, will be out of contract next year and Dortmund are desperate to tie him to a new deal after seeing Mario Goetze and Robert Lewandowski defect to rivals Bayern Munich. United are also tracking their £40million-‘It’s still really open,’ he told Sport Bild. ‘Dortmund are my first point of contact. I will make a considered decision soon but I am keeping my options open at this point.
David Moyes faces competition from Real Madrid for Gundogan, who is valued at £25m, but the midfielder has not played since August because of a back problem and insists that he will take his time before deciding on his next move.
‘I will get back to my best. I believe that this period has made me better and I’ll come back stronger. But it’s difficult to predict when I will play again.’
Meanwhile, Lewandowski claims that five Barclays Premier League clubs were among the 12 teams chasing his signature before he decided to join Munich at the end of the season.

No comments: