Thursday, August 28, 2008

David Villa Extend Aagreeing Valencia New contract

After agreeing to a new contract with Valencia that will see him tied down at the Mestalla until 2014, hotshot striker David Villa has explained his decision to remain with Los Ché.Villa, along with club president, Vicente Soriano, appeared in the Mestalla VIP box to give a press conference after both parties had agreed to a massive new and improved contract extension.

Soriano spoke first, admitting that despite receiving “an offer from Real Madrid that was over €40 million”, he simply could not let his star striker leave the club. Soriano also added that he rejected the bid from the capital because he was “not too happy with they way they approached us for the player”.

Villa then took over the floor and immediately revelled at the club’s decision to grant him a new contract.

“I have to thank the club for their gesture and for everything they have given me since I arrived here three years ago,” he started off.

“I am honoured that other clubs were looking to sign me but I never had any intentions of leaving.

“There is a €150 million buy-out clause and if they wanted to buy me, they would have to negotiate with Valencia because I am happy to stay here.

“There have a been a lot of offers that involve a lot of money but Valencia did not accept any of them. And for me, this fills me with great pride,” he elaborated.

“My development as a player here can be just as good as if I were at Real Madrid. Otherwise, I would not have agreed to the contract renewal,” reasoned Villa.

“Now I hope to give back the affection that the fans have showed me in every training session and at every game,” he concluded.

No comments: