Sunday, June 15, 2008

Torres Want To Win Laurels In Anfield

Fernando Torres has made it clear he has no intention of leaving Liverpool and is fully focused on winning trophies at Anfield
The Spanish star is currently with his national squad in Austria as they look for Euro 2008 finals glory.
Torres had a sensational debut campaign in England following his move from Atletico Madrid last summer and he taken his form into the Euros, leading the Spanish frontline alongside four-goal David Villa.
New Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari was reportedly looking to bid £40million for Torres.
Liverpool have already dismissed claims that they would consider selling Torres and now the player has confirmed his intention to remain at Anfield.
"I want to say very clearly that I'm not on the market and that it's my desire to continue at Liverpool," he told the Sunday Express.
"I'm very happy there and I want to carry on.
"I came to the club top win trophies. I have many years left on my contract and I expect to win some silverware there."
Torres insists that he is hungrier than ever to win things with Liverpool.
"I have gone through things I have never experienced before, like playing in a Champions League semi-final," he said.
"Now that I have come within touching distance of glory I want it all.
"I know now what it means to be a champion and that's made me even happier hungrier for success.
"And what has happened behind the scenes at the club has nothing to do with me.
"I don't pay much attention to that stuff or to any of the problems. It hasn't affected me at all."

No comments: