Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Olympic Games :Siasia Decide To Throw Camp Open

Samson Siasia says his final list of players for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games will surprise soccer loving Nigerians.
“I have told my players to buckle up because there won't be sentiments as regards picking players for the Olympics. That is why I laughed when people said they know the players I will take to the Olympics.
“We are looking out for the best that will do this nation proud. I also want to make a name and win something for myself too and if I want to do this then I should be ready to present the best for the assignment in Beijing," Siasia told KickOffNigeria.com.
He disclosed that it was too early to mention the names of the final squad that would campaign in the Olympics saying that many factors would decide that.
"We won't be able to say what players are sure for the Olympics because in football anything can happen. We can't rule injury or other problems out.
"So as we pray for all players to be injury free before the start of the Games, we should also consider drop in form of some players before the Olympics. So we won't be able to say precisely who and who will not make the team now until few days to the competition.
"But all the players that participated in the qualification matches are in the team that will engage in series of tours and friendly matches in our build up for the Olympics," the Olympic team handler disclosed at the weekend.

No comments: