Tuesday, April 1, 2008

El-Hadji Diouf Ready To Quit Bolton In Summer

El-Hadji Diouf has shocked Bolton by telling them he will quit the club in the summer even if they avoid relegation from the Premier League The Trotters are embroiled in a desperate battle to beat the drop and are currently four points off safety.

And Diouf has revealed that he has no plans to remain at the Reebok Stadium - even though he has more than a year left on his current contract.

"If Bolton stay in the top division or not, I will not stay next year for sure," Diouf told L'Observateur.

"Teams are interested in me; an agreement between three parties is the only thing missing and I will leave in peace.

"Whether Bolton remain in the league or not, it is my last year. But it does not prevent me from respecting and admiring Bolton."

Diouf claims up to five clubs are interested in signing him and although he wants to remain in England, the former Liverpool ace also says he could switch to Spain or Italy.

"For the moment, four or five clubs are very interested. They come to see me every weekend. I do not want to reveal their identity, I prefer to make a surprise of it and when the moment comes," he continued.

"My priority is to stay in England. But Spanish and Italian clubs are following me.

"For the moment, I am concentrating on trying to do everything to prevent Bolton from being relegated.

"We are trying to get out of the relegation zone as quickly as possible."

No comments: