Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chelsea:Mikel Obi Ready To Play For Nigerian Under-23 team

Chelsea starlet John Mikel Obi says he is available for selection for the Nigerian Under-23 team when they take on South Africa in March in Abuja.
Mikel has missed previous qualifying games, but told press that it was not because he did not want to honour invitations.
"I always love to play for this country, it is the only one I have and whenever I am called I always try to give one hundred percent all the time for this country.
"All thatís been happening is just that sometimes the communication was not really there and there was one time that I was injured and couldnít play.
"But that is my team, the players are my friends and the coach is my coach and if I am called, I am ready to come and play."
Mikel, one of Nigeria's picks from a disappointing Nations Cup campaign, admits that he rang up Chelsea team mate Didier Drogba before Cote díIvoire's final group game against Mali, but insists that there was nothing sinister about the conversation.
"Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I just spoke to Didier as a friend. We spoke to each other every day all the time we were there.
"So I just spoke to them as a friend, and it was just a normal chat. What they told me was that you guys just have to go there and win and then as for the rest we will see how it goes."

No comments: